Tuesday, 3 July 2012

English Literature: Multiple Choice Quiz (Advanced) UGC-NET

June 2011 UGC NET English
Solved Question Paper Qns 11 to 20

11. Who  among  the  following  is  not
associated with the translation of the
Bible ?
  (A)  Miles Coverdale
  (B)  William Tyndale
  (C)  John Wycliffe
  (D)  Thomas Browne

12.  Arrange  the  following  stages  in  a
sequence in which all Shakespearean
tragedies  are  structured.  Use  the
code given below :
  I.  Denouement
  II.  Conflict
  III.  Exposition
  IV.  Climax
  Code :
  (A)  III, II, IV, I
  (B)  III, IV, II, I
  (C)  II, IV, III, I
  (D)  II, IV, I, III

13.  The term, ‘curtal sonnet’, was coined
by
  (A)  John Milton
  (B)  William Blake
  (C)  Gerald Manley Hopkins
  (D)  Matthew Arnold

14.  The  author  of  the  pamphlet  Short
View of Immorality and Profaneness
of the English Stage (1698) was
  (A)  John Bunyan
  (B)  Jeremy Collier
  (C)  William Wycherley
  (D)  John Vanbrugh

15.  Identify  a  play  in  the  following  list
that is not written by Oscar Wilde :
  (A)  A Woman of No Importance
  (B)  The  Importance  of  Being Earnest
  (C)  Saints and Sinners
  (D)  An Ideal Husband

16.  Put  the  following novels by Charles
Dickens  in  a  sequential  order  with
the help of the code :
  1.  Great Expectations
  2.  Hard Times
  3.  Bleak House
  4.  A Tale of Two Cities
  Code :
  (A)  3, 2, 4, 1
  (B)  2, 4, 3, 1
  (C)  1, 2, 4, 3
  (D)  4, 2, 1, 3

17.  Thomas Kyd’s The Spanish Tragedy
was influenced by
  (A)  Seneca
  (B)  Tertullian
  (C)  Virgil
  (D)  Plautus

18.  In  its final published version, Eliot’s
The Waste Land contains a total of
  (A)  334 lines  (B)  433 lines
  (C)  373 lines  (D)  423 lines

19.  Jean  Rhys’s  Wide  Sargasso  Sea  is
set in
  (A)  The Congo region
  (B)  The Niger Delta
  (C)  The Caribbean
  (D)  The African Savannah

20.  Hamlet,  lying  wounded,  says  to  his
friend, “Horatio,  I am dead.” This  is
an example of 
  (A)  protasis
  (B)  anacrusis
  (C)  prolepsis
  (D)  pun

Click on "Read More" for Answers

Answers

11.  D
12.  A
13.  C
14.  B
15.  C
16.  A
17.  A
18.  B
19.  C
20.  C

No comments:

Post a Comment